Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good tile goes to heaven

A couple of weekends ago we went to Georgetown- one of our favorite shopping districts- to walk around and to go here and here. We decided to walk into Ann Saks and Waterworks (which are right next door to each other) and I was in tile (and fixture) heaven! I think Eddie had to pick my jaw up on the floor- oh and mop up the drool. Our "reality" trip to Lowes the next day just wasn't as exciting :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

I thought these below would be fabulous combinations together. (the below right geometric tile has a bluish tint to it)

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

And just a couple more beauties...

Photobucket

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Ann Sacks and Waterworks are two of my favorites. I still remember my first trip to Waterworks in NYC. I just about died... didn't even know where to look first. It was a paralyzing and yet freeing experience, all at one time. Two places to look for tile... The other day I was at Home Depot and found some interesting variations of subway tile and subway tile trims in the in stock tile department. They also had lots of carrera marble tiles for bathrooms. Also try Overstock. I found some interesting moraccan white mosaic tiles (similar to your last photo) for very little $$ and they had good reviews. Still, I know that none of my suggestions even compare to Waterworks and Ann Sacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those tiles just gave me the chills.

    ReplyDelete